Can you benefit from chiropractic?
There are some simple questions one can answer and a
few tests a person can perfrom with a friend to see if they could benefit from chiropractic care. Did you
know in a healthy individual it is not normal to be in any prolonged pain or discomfort? Therefore if you answer yes to any
of these questions you may have spinal subluxation.
- Have you ever had some spinal pain whether it is neck, mid or low back that seemed
to go away but return periodically?
- Do you get occasional headaches, or have TMJ dysfunction (clicking, pain, tooth grinding at night) without
trauma to the jaw or neck?
- Have you been told you have "normal age related arthritis" of the spine?
- Have you been told you have
a bulging disc that is "age related," but did not get an answer to why the other discs which are the same age are fine?
- Do you notice you have to sleep with a pillow between your legs to get comfort at night?
- Do you have radiating pain/numbness/tingling
down your arm(s) or leg(s)?
- Do you have hip/knee/ankle/foot pain on one side?
If you answered
yes to any of the above questions you may have spinal subluxation.
- Now with a friend, have him or her stand behind you.
Without moving the rest of your body turn your head all the way to your right, then to your left. Ask your friend standing
behind if you can do this equally both ways. You may even notice a difference yourself.
- Now have your friend place a hand
on top of each shoulder and see if one hand is higher than the other. Then the pelvis at the waist. If one shoulder
or side of pelvis is higher than the other you may be compensating for low back and or pelvic subluxations.
- Now even up your
knees and lay on your bed, on your stomach with your ankles and feet off the edge (don't forget to breath!). Have your friend
look at your heels. Is one leg shorter than the other? If you have a short leg, then itís possible for you to have
a spinal subluxation. If you already have sciatica type pain down a leg, it will most likely be on the short
If any of these general scans have elicited a positive response you will be a good candidate for chiropractic. We will
look at your spine in much more detail and be able to explain exactly where your problems lie. It is very frustrating to
have symptoms from spinal subluxation. But it is important to know that spinal subluxation and its symptoms can be
helped! Start feeling better with us by making an appointment today.
Copyright 2007 Barone Chiropractic
Natural Family Health and Wellness